PAGE was officially launched in Uruguay by the government at the Ministerial Reception of the third Regional Exchange and Practitioners Dialogue Forum in April 2017.
To kickstart programme work, PAGE:
- participated in the First Forum on Circular Economy in Latin America
- established an interministeral committee has been established
- held an initial consultation workshop.
PAGE’s work in Uruguay will build upon:
- an existing analysis of green economy opportunities and challenges, and
- the ongoing work of PAGE action partner PEI.
Opportunities for Green Economy Action in Uruguay
- Development of green growth scenarios for strategic economic sectors
- Implementation of a strategy for waste management
- Green entrepreneurship programme development
- Greening of value chains, including analysis of climate change implications
- Individual and institutional capacity building